Benefits of High School Hockey
Change is tough. There's no denying that, especially when you've grown up playing "club" hockey. But exploring new opportunities -- growing -- is what high school is all about! If you're considering the pluses and minuses of joining the BLUE DEVILS, please keep in mind the following benefits:
1. Playing for your high school team is an exhilarating experience! Do you want to just "play hockey" or do you want to play hockey for your high school team in front of a cheering student section? Hockey is one of the fastest growing high school sports, and students at Warren love their hockey team!
2. Be involved in your high school! Warren hockey athletic performance is recognized through the school and high performers earn varsity letters.
3. There's nothing like a BLUE DEVIL home game! Fans come out to cheer for YOU and their school!
4. Opportunities to earn scholarships, including Chicago Blackhawk Alumni Scholarship, which is only available to high school hockey players.
5. You will have a well-developed group of friends before you even start high school.
6. All-Star games. It's a real honor to be an All-Star on your high school team and you are recognized for your achievement.
7. Skills development. Great coaches know how to make you even better!
8. Great competition. Warren plays in the prestigious North Central Division against top High School teams including New Trier.
9. Ability to play Fall or Spring Sports in addition to being on the hockey team.
10. Games and individual athletic performance is highlighted in local and school social media.
11. Coverage in the Warren High School Year Book.
12. State championship AND conference championship tournaments.
13. Cost effective! Travel expenses can be significantly less.
14. You can make a difference!
15. FUN!!! You're in high school and it's one of the best times of your life! High school hockey may be one of your best memories for the rest of your life! Don't miss the opportunity!
Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter
P.O. Box 255
Gurnee, IL 60031